Back to Jobs
Material Handler Frederick MD
US – Frederick, MD
Contract to Hire
1 year contract
· Provide shipping and order fulfillment services for finished goods, inventory, materials, supplies, parts and equipment at the assigned facility(s).
· Examine, sort, arrange, count, store, pick, and pack items for storage shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
· Prepare routine documentation. Operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, dock lever, etc.).
· Prepare and ship materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
· May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
This position largely interacts with equivalent levels of internal personnel. This interaction requires good communication skills and customer service skills. Effectiveness in this role also requires functional knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control procedures. The job encounters recurring work situations of a routine nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; errors in work could cause delays in schedules. This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on-time daily. Unplanned unapproved “missed-time” is required to be less than 2% annually.