Back to Jobs
Clark, New Jersey
Contract to Hire
2nd shift: 2:30pm – 10:30pm
3rd shift: 10:30pm – 6:30am
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Want a job you can feel good about? Our client is the world's leading taste and nutrition company--Whether it is building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities. Through sensory science and technology, our client develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world.
Description and Responsibilities
We have immediate openings for Dry Blending Operators at a Manufacturing facility in Clark, NJ. We are looking for second shift (2:30pm-10:30pm) and third shift (10:30pm-6:30am) availability after training is completed. Training will take place on a first shift or on off shifts. Must be available for weekend work as needed. *Shift subject to change*
1. Compound formulas accurately by weight and by ingredients and ensure that the best methodology is utilized based upon the particular product or mix.
2. Possess and apply working knowledge of all raw materials before use, ie: mixing/heating to ensure quality and consistency in batches.
3. Utilize inventory lot rotation (FIFO) for all materials used.
4. Possess and apply working knowledge of all pumps, mixers, scales, fork trucks, high density storage units, meters, and computers.
5. Follow all manufacturing instructions on formula batch sheet using proper mixing techniques to ensure product quality.
6. Properly label all batches submitted to the lab for evaluation.
7. Follow all 5S and Good Manufacturing Practices to maintain good housekeeping and ensure compliance with all safety and environmental laws and regulations.
8. Proper handling of Allergen products and equipment according to Allergen Control Procedures.
9. Other duties assigned by Management.
HS or equivalent experience.
Must have experience within the Flavor or a closely related industry.
Must be proficient in compounding techniques and raw materials.
Must be proficient in the use of scales and other compounding equipment.
Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds and move up to 400 pounds. Must be able to operate forklifts and other equipment integral to the job functions. Must be able to see and distinguish between labels. Must be able to stand for extended periods and walk through the warehouse. Must be certified to wear a respirator and follow all rules regarding respirator wear.
Factory environment with exposure to flavor and basic product chemicals and raw materials.