Back to Jobs
Program Financial Analyst
Title: Program Financial Analyst
Location: San Diego, CA 92123
Pay Rate: $53k-$55k
A leading nonprofit in central San Diego is seeking a Program Financial Analyst to join their team. The Program Financial Analyst is responsible for managing financial planning, analytics, and cost accounting associated with programs.
• Analyze cost and production data.
• Study all proposed changes in methods and production and recommend new actions as needed.
• Reviews and tracks all program budget information ensuring contract compliance.
• Prepare and process adjusting journal entries.
• Create templates and spreadsheets to aid with data collection and presentation.
• Produces invoices for presentation to contracting authority for payment of contract funds.
• Audit for compliance and for audit preparation.
• Responds to questions from program representatives and/or Executive Management regarding proper charging of contact expenses and to questions from contracting agency personnel regarding fiscal information pertinent to contract budget execution.
• Coordinates with Cash Management department and funding agency personnel to ensure proper posting of cash receipts and timely payment
• Minimum 3 years of financial analysis/budgetary experience
• Four-year college degree in Finance or Accounting
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Knowledge of Accounting Information Systems, preferably MS Great Plains or Netsuite.
• Advanced MS Windows-based operating system skills