Back to Jobs
Contract to Hire
Estimated 3 – 6 months with a strong chance to convert permanent
About Our Client
Our client is on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. They build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use our client to print same-day prototypes and produce more stronger end-use parts than they did before. With our client, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
As a Manufacturing Quality Technician Level C, you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing department to ensure they can achieve all manufacturing goals and quality standards. The Quality Technician is responsible for analyzing and solving quality problems, performing incoming inspections on materials, sampling work in progress, performing audits, analyzing quality data, performing routine checks on gauging, and dispositioning of non-conforming materials. You will work with the quality team to drive quality systems and standards, as well as continuous improvements through the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Follows all lab and production floor safety practices.
· Maintains and controls test data.
· Maintains 6S and housekeeping of the QC area daily.
· Maintains sample and retain inventories.
· Resolves quality and non-conforming issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources
· Works from specifications, work plans, procedures, or general instructions from Quality Process Engineer or Materials team member.
· Performs incoming material lot qualification testing for compliance and certification.
· Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
· Generates, reviews, and maintains quality records in support of the Quality Management System (i.e., process records, QC records, corrective/preventative actions, and internal/external failure reports).
· Effectively communicates and reinforces our client’s commitment to quality improvement efforts.
· Promptly notifies Quality or Operations leadership of any discrepancies ensuring quality standards and safety of operations are maintained at all times.
· Able to work in groups and cross-functional teams to troubleshoot issues, identify, and implement corrective actions.
· Performs other duties and assists on projects as needed.
o High school diploma/GED is required with 2+ years of manufacturing experience.
o Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Science, Math, or Engineering is preferred.
· Specialized knowledge:
o Experience with factory safety requirements, and SDS.
o Experience with working with materials that are environmentally sensitive is preferred.
o Experience with common measuring instruments, such as a micrometer, caliper, and indicator, is preferred.
· Core Competencies:
o Production and Processing – Knowledge of raw materials, measurement instruments, production processes, quality control.
o Mathematics – Basic mathematics skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, ratios, percent’s, and basic graphing).
o Communication – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, technical testing specifications, and procedure manuals. Also needs to possess ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
o Problem Solving – Recognizes problems and understands root cause analysis techniques and concepts.
o Detail Oriented – Excellent attention to detail and highly organized.
o Autonomy – Capable of working independently as a self-starter.
o Microsoft Office Suite
o Google Apps
o Passion for production and quality standards
o Self-motivated and self-directed, with a positive attitude
o Team player that focuses on details within the production process
o Manages multiple projects with different teams and priorities
o Ability to communicate (oral, written and numerical) to different levels of the organization
Working on feet in manufacturing facility for 5+ hours per day. Working on computer for 4+ hours per day. Safety glasses and other PPE required for light manufacturing support.
Primarily standing, concrete floor, and frequently walking throughout manufacturing facility. Lifting of 50+ pounds infrequently. High manual dexterity required during assembly of tooling and fixturing.