Manufacturing Engineer – San Diego CA 92126
Pay Rate: D.O.E
Hours: Monday-Friday 40 hours
Temp to Hire
ACTIVE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
We are one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust us to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
We are a global leader in the electronic warfare, radar, missile, communication and space marketplace, moving information between sensors and decision makers. Worldwide we employ more than 12,000 people. We believe that being a world leader starts from within.
Ensures all processes, equipment and supporting systems operate to their maximum effectiveness, within specified safety and cost constraints, and that all products are of the desired quality; performs evaluations and analysis of process related to issues of intermediate complexity in electronic systems and assemblies; determines and implements corrective actions to improve processes; performs work of high complexity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Maintain methods, operation sequence and optimize processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Create all aspects of development, documentation and production support from concept through sustaining activities.
- Expand and implement concepts, including Lean Manufacturing, etc., to reduce manufacturing cost and increase process throughput; evaluate new materials and supplies in use based on project scope.
- Collaborate with all levels of engineering and drafting staff in the development of new ideas; reviews current documentation and develop Engineering change Orders (ECO) as required.
- Prepare reports, publishes and makes presentations to communicate findings.
- Ensure compliance to design contract specification and schedule.
- Participate in safety training and comply with safety policies and practices.
- Collaborate in team meetings and LEAN activities, including SET Team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- Applies manufacturing principles and practices to specific processes; re-writes processes to correct errors;
- Interacts with outside vendors and companies as necessary based on project scope; makes presentations to communicate engineering findings.
- Performs work of high complexity.
- (12) years of related experience with extensive working knowledge of electronics manufacturing, including all phases of product development cycle, design for manufacturing assessment and produceability; Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related discipline, required;
- Leadership skills: ability to persuade, influence and lead colleagues; ability to apply situational leadership in the work environment;
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written technical publications; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
- Computer skills: working in a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point, Excel and Word software programs at an advance level;
- Math & Analytical skills: advanced mathematical skills, including statistical analysis; review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities; ability to collect, analyze and summarize information to a general understanding; ability to think abstractly and separate complex ideas into simple elements;
- Time Management and Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently and as a team member.
ACTIVE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED