Civil Engineering Surveyor 3/Project Surveyor
Redwood City, CA
This is a 1 year +/- contract role that can turn into a permanent role
As Surveyor 3, you will be working for an incredible Civil Engineering firm, working on cutting edge projects. As a project surveyor, you will assist senior project surveyors and your project manager on 3D laser scanning, construction staking, GIS, BIM, boundary and topographic survey projects. You will draft maps and topographic surveys, build 3D models, and assist our field crews in constructing the largest and most high profile projects in Northern California. We work on a diverse array of projects and provide training to help each team member become well rounded.
This is a very attractive position within a firm that offers stellar benefits such as excellent compensation and benefits package, a signing bonus, competitive salaries, bonuses, profit sharing, pension plans, 401K, top of the line medical, dental and vision plans. The company also offers life insurance, long-term disability, gym reimbursement, flexible schedules, company sponsored events and team building gatherings, etc...
- Preparing construction staking calculations by reading plans and interpreting CAD files.
- Creating mapping deliverables including boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, topographic surveys, plats and legal descriptions.
- Post processing field data collected via total station, GPS, levels, 3D laser scanners, and unmanned aerial systems.
- Building 3D models of sites and structures for owners, architects, engineers and contractors.
- Minimum of 5 years of office surveying experience, plus 5+ years post PLS licensed (A total of at least 10 years experience with PLS)
- Proficient in Autodesk Civil 3D including working with points and surfaces.
- The will and desire to learn new things, challenge yourself, grow and apply your surveying knowledge in innovative ways.
- Construction staking experience including reading plans, construction calculations, and preparing cut sheets is preferred.
- Experience processing laser scanning data including registration and 3D modeling is helpful but not required.
Please submit an updated version of your resume for immediate and confidential consideration. Thank you!