Microsoft Enterprise Engineer
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Direct Hire/ Permanent
Hours: Full-time M-F
US Citizenship required
Our client is global communications company that believes everyone and everything in the world can be connected! For more than 30 years, they have helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and military around the world communicate. You will work closely with the UC&C team to deliver on the product roadmap serving our internal customers worldwide. You will help define and deliver new products, enhancements and automations that improve User Experience and productivity. This role will also challenge you to analyze and assess on-prem and cloud system architectures to determine best-in-class solutions and supporting analytics, that demonstrate compliance to defined metrics. You will practice creativity, foresight and mature technical judgement in anticipating and solving technical issues in order to deliver iterative value to their customers.
- Plan, design, and implement premise and cloud-based solutions for our global internal customers and serve as a Subject Matter Expert across the organization.
- Design, deploy, and support enterprise-class premise collaboration solutions, with an emphasis on the enterprise messaging environment.
- Gather and assess business requirements, develop and present solutions, produce design and migrating strategy documents, and provide guidance and knowledge transfer to team members.
- Work in a daily DevOps/Agile Scrum environment helping your product and team be successful in all they do.
- Align customer requirements for implementation readiness and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Develop relationships with key customer stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
- Mentor team members to build up organizational skillset.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering or information technology or equivalent experience
- 5-yrs experience in supporting Enterprise messaging systems with an emphasis in automation.
- 5+ years of experience in design, deployment, maintenance, and support of a multi-facility, high-availability Microsoft Exchange 365, 2010/2016, Exchange On-Line, and hybrid environments. As well as with multiple database and CAS servers, and DAG high availability.
- Deep understanding of premise and cloud-based collaboration solutions as well
- Demonstrable knowledge of systems migration (on-prem and cloud) best practices and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of active directory, authentication, identity management, EM+S, and federation services solutions.
- Demonstrated software development skills with the ability to code and perform advanced scripting to automate tasks and integrate data.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Working in team-oriented and collaborative environments, leveraging DevOps/Agile/SCRUM practices.
- Experience in design, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise backup solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in virtual machine infrastructure.
- Knowledge of enterprise Security solutions.
- Experience and awareness of system analytics and proactive monitoring solutions
- Strong technologist with solid business skills
- Ability to provide leadership and mentor other team members.
- Adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions
- You enjoy working with customers around the world.
- Challenge and helping other team members excites you.
- US Citizenship required. Sponsorship not provided
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification and/or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification in Server Infrastructure preferred.
- Experience migrating Exchange environments on-prem and to O365.
- Experience configuring, administrating, and troubleshooting O365 / Azure ecosystems.
- Software development in at least one language and PowerShell scripting skills required.
- Expertise in Active Directory, migrating on-prem AD to Azure Active Directory, and AD Connect best practices.
- Experience managing ProofPoint and/or Microsoft security and compliance portfolio.
- Experience developing automation capabilities including test, validation, and enterprise systems integration.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Thank you!