Title: Cloud Engineer
Location: Carlsbad, CA
US Citizenship required
Our client is global communications company that believes everyone and everything in the world can be connected! For more than 30 years, they have helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and military around the world communicate. They are seeking a Cloud Engineer
to join their infrastructure apps team with deploying and managing infrastructure worldwide.
- Automate, design and deploy infrastructure systems on public and private clouds.
- Creating deployment methods and automation to ensure the infrastructure can be managed through CI/CD
- Installing/configuring/maintaining applications like pipeline tools to designing fault tolerant, highly available, scalable automated deployments of custom applications
- Full infrastructure as code using tools like git, artifactory and Jenkins is the goal.
- Troubleshoot complex deployments across many datacenters is needed and figure out how to make them faster and simpler
- Deploying and managing infrastructure worldwide.
- Installing a variety of software including web, java application, java messaging servers and NoSQL databases while working to optimize and streamline deployments.
- Utilize exemplary customer service skills and troubleshoot complex technical issues between multiple integrated systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, STEM degree, or equivalent industry experience
- 3 + years of cloud platform automation with AWS or OpenStack
- 3+ years designing highly scalable and distributed systems
- 7+ years’ experience in IT system support in a medium to large environment including customer service for end users
- Must have CI/CD tools space - git/jenkins, orchestration tools
- Intermediate to expert level understanding of Linux systems and management methodologies, including software packaging
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Salt or Chef
- Programming or strong scripting with python, ruby or bash
- Ability to document and diagram technical systems and architectures
- Deep experience troubleshooting complex networks, routers and firewalls
- US Citizenship required. Sponsorship not provided
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Experience with pipeline tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, ChatOps tools like Slack
- Familiarity with Relational and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra or MongoD
Please submit your resume for consideration. Thank you!