Chicago, IL 60606
$40.00 - $45.00 Hourly
2 Month Contract (with potential to extend)
About the Company:
Our client delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of service offerings. They have brought together industry-leading expertise in cyber security, identity governance and access management, data privacy and analytics, internal audit, and hands-on training services, giving companies everything they need to plan and develop effective risk and security programs. By integrating these services, they provide their clients with the flexible support they need to protect and leverage data across any part of their organization.
The IT Auditor is responsible for the execution of field work on client engagements. Working both on-site and at the practice office, the IT Auditor will collect data, test audit evidence and processes, and document the associated procedures according to IT Audit guidance. This role interacts frequently with client contacts and requires attention to audit detail and project deadlines. He/she works closely with Managers and Directors to keep projects focused and on schedule.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Evaluate processes to determine adequacy of controls, compliance with policies and procedures, and comparison to leading practices
- Perform specific audit procedures, tests and analyses, including those that support requirements regarding Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Prepare comprehensive written and oral audit reports detailing the results of the audit
- Assist in the development of an audit program for the testing of IT controls across various platforms and application environments.
- Conducts periodic Risk Assessments (e.g., NIST, Cobit) throughout the IT organization.
- Interacts effectively with co-workers at all levels, to foster and maintain strong working relationships.
- Performs other job duties as assigned by management
Please submit an updated version of your resume for immediate and confidential consideration. Thank you!
- 1-2+ years of IT Audit with demonstrated Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and/or C-Sox experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Obtained or working toward a related professional certification (CIA, CISA, Accounting Designations, etc.).
- Ability to audit various operating systems, databases, and applications. Additionally, audit technology processes and controls to assist with SOX/CSOX/JSOX compliance.
- Understanding of Cobit framework
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.